SUE JACKSON Therapist | Writer | Photographer | Activist

An avid blogger for the last fifteen years, I believe in the power of the word to change the world. I have participated in, and reported on, a range of protests during this period, including the successful East-West Link campaign and, more recently, our wonderful, home-grown Extinction Rebellion (XR). If you believe, like I do, that it is time for ordinary people to rise up in defence of the planet, I encourage you to explore this blog, share it with your networks, and – of course – take action.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Flying by the seat of my pants

The last week the whole crowded nest phenomenon has been in the media spotlight. Sometimes I've been involved and sometimes I haven't.
But certainly the high point of my week, which could so easily have been the low point, was the radio interview with Wayne on River 949 FM on Thursday.
I was already on air when the interviewer said they always like to sign off with a piece of music that encapsulates the theme, so what would I suggest? Talk about maximum pressure under exam conditions. I was so grateful I'd just seen 'Failure to Launch', because I remembered they'd played 'Hit the Road, Jack' while the credits rolled. Otherwise, I'm sure I would have drawn a complete blank.
Their phone line was crackly, so the interviewer's voice kept fading in and out. Periodically, I could only make my best guess at what he was actually asking. I just kept responding in a confident tone, while hoping I wasn't making a complete idiot of myself. A question though that came across with bell-like clarity was one that Wayne said originated with his producer. I had my doubts - it sounded suspiciously like the old 'my friend wants to know' to me. Anyhow the question was: 'Did your sex life improve when your sons moved out?' Visions of how my partner would feel about me taking the whole of Queensland into my confidence about our sex life flashed across my mind. After I'd stopped gulping, I said that the producer was a bold lad, and quoted some relevant stats!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home