SUE JACKSON Therapist | Writer | Photographer | Activist

An avid blogger for the last fifteen years, I believe in the power of the word to change the world. I have participated in, and reported on, a range of protests during this period, including the successful East-West Link campaign and, more recently, our wonderful, home-grown Extinction Rebellion (XR). If you believe, like I do, that it is time for ordinary people to rise up in defence of the planet, I encourage you to explore this blog, share it with your networks, and – of course – take action.

Friday, August 31, 2007

'The Crowded Nest' on Life Matters

Yesterday I was on Radio National's Life Matters, on a programme devoted to the Never-Empty Nest. It amazes me that over a year since the book was published, all of a sudden the crowded nest has become a hot topic. Or that's how it seemed yesterday.
The ABC switch board was jammed with callers of all different ages and those who managed to get through presented a fascinating range of issues. (Perhaps it's time to stop worrying about the fate of my book. I could cope if it ended up 'remaindered', I'm sure. I just didn't want it to be 'pulped' - a harsh word for a harsh process, and I'm not even thinking about Tasmania. In fact no body had ever mentioned the 'p' word, but that didn't stop me worrying. But maybe the time has come to relax.)
Anyhow, I enjoyed being part of the show (and not just because since the hair/makeup fiasco at 'Sunrise' I've always been a huge radio fan). For one thing, I got to talk face-to-face with a real live person - the presenter Richard Aedy - instead of to a disembodied voice on the end of a phone in the 'Tardis Booth'. And it was great to hear from people from distant parts of Australia, who are struggling with similar issues, but who might now feel a little less alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home