SUE JACKSON Therapist | Writer | Photographer | Activist

An avid blogger for the last fifteen years, I believe in the power of the word to change the world. I have participated in, and reported on, a range of protests during this period, including the successful East-West Link campaign and, more recently, our wonderful, home-grown Extinction Rebellion (XR). If you believe, like I do, that it is time for ordinary people to rise up in defence of the planet, I encourage you to explore this blog, share it with your networks, and – of course – take action.

Monday, February 10, 2014

Emergency Action: Tunnel Picket - Lunchtime update (Tuesday)


Rapid response

As I lifted my sandwich to my mouth, my phone pinged. An Emergency Action alert requested all available to meet opposite Officeworks in Alexandra Parade, as the LMA appeared to be drilling there. With one final longing glance, I dropped my sandwich, and with no time to walk, jumped into the car.
I arrived to find the group above already assembled. Scouts had noticed the truck, whose appearance I'm sure you will agree has been significantly improved by our posters,  at work on the median strip adjacent to Smith Street.


Recently drilled hole

The 'Non-toxic' waste truck had been used to pour some liquid, maybe water, down the hole above, for what purpose we were unsure.
LMA workers had left the site and the truck remained behind, unattended.
By the time I left to return to work, protestors had determined that if any attempt was made to remove the truck to take it to another site, they would resist. If this action eventuates, it will be a first - for once, there are no police in attendance.

 
Ready to resist


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home