SUE JACKSON Therapist | Writer | Photographer | Activist

An avid blogger for the last fifteen years, I believe in the power of the word to change the world. I have participated in, and reported on, a range of protests during this period, including the successful East-West Link campaign and, more recently, our wonderful, home-grown Extinction Rebellion (XR). If you believe, like I do, that it is time for ordinary people to rise up in defence of the planet, I encourage you to explore this blog, share it with your networks, and – of course – take action.

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year: My New Web-site

When I boldly asked my son, as a Christmas present, to renovate my web-site I had no idea what was in store. Luke, who made the original web-site a decade ago, and is committed to keeping me technologically literate, having encouraged me to Linkin, blog and tweet, has this time surpassed himself. Check it out.
It is absolutely wonderful to have a new web-site to start a new year. Especially a beautiful one like this, so thank you Luke. My Christmases have all come at once.
Luke has integrated my photo 'Time to Tango Buenos Aires' into the background. It accompanied an article in one of my favourite magazines The Big Issue (#454, 21 Mar - 3 April 2014) and was also winner of the People's Choice Award at last year's Photonet Gallery photography competition. Here it is:-


It seems a good time to thank some one else who has also helped me enormously. Ponch Hawkes, wonderful photographer and great friend and mentor, has encouraged me in every creative endeavour, including photography. Ponch was also there to cheer us along at our Beat the East West Toll Road Victory Street Party
Here is the great picture she took of us, including me with camera in hand, that day:


Here's to a happy and healthy 2015 to all of us and our loved ones, and a peaceful, more just, ever-greening world for all.












4 Comments:

Blogger Luke C Jackson said...

Workinv on the website was a pleasure. Particularly since I had so much good material to work with. :)

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Jane said...

Beaut job, Luke. Happy blogging in 2015, Sue.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great new website, Sue. I was surprised to see those photos- you must have photographed the same farmer in the Cuban fields as I did! Albert and I went on a Brigadistas tour in 2006/7.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Sue Jackson said...

I had no idea you and Albert had travelled to Cuba. Another shared passion! And I had no idea that Brigadistas were still in operation - something else I'd love to discuss with you at some point.Thanks for the ongoing support and encouragement, Jill.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home